Friday, September 25, 2009


"Year of the Trible Bypass" A burger filled with chinese bbq pork between two pork buns.

i have discovered over the last few years that being friends with boys has its pros and its cons. pros: no drama, no fuss, you don't have to wear cute clothes 24/7, more dirt, more fun. as for the cons, the focus of this blog will be on one: BOYS EAT TERRIBLY. i have always kept in mind a nice and trim figure for myself, but i simply cannot avoid the fact that being friends with boys has made it quite hard to give in to food temptations i've never experienced before. if you're a boy out there reading this and questioning this blame, then tell me this...why do you guys put ranch dressing on your pizza? and why does it magically seem to taste so much better than pizza without ranch dressing? and who puts bacon and extra cheese on everything? GUYS. and it tastes so freaking good! oh and steak in your burritos? ONLY YOU! but dammit, that tastes good too! combinations i would never have thought of eating have been eaten and have resided on my hips. sometimes, when i'm about to order a burger from a burger joint, i can hear my hips whisper "sara no! :( you never used to eat burgers before you met these silly boys! don't do this to us!" but like a fly i swat the thought away and get SO excited for my burger to come for NO reason because truly, I NEVER LIKED BURGERS BEFORE BOYS. so, this post shall serve as a big "thanks" to all of my guy friends back at home, as well as ones i've met here, for introducing me to the magic of barbeque chips, nachos squirted with canned cheese and microwaved, philly cheesesteaks, barbeque sandwiches, beef taquitos (good lord), and all of the rest of the female body's enemies.

furthermore, as i was eating dinner at arby's (because there's no such thing as a nice, health restaurant) a couple of weeks ago with BOYS, one of them took the liberty to show me something on his iphone that almost made me gag and i mean gag HARD (even though i genuinely was enjoying my jamocha milkshake). it was a website called "thisiswhyyourefat.com", consisting of people who post pictures and recipes not for the weak-stomached. if you're a boy, you'll probably scroll through and think "AWESOME THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!" at the "deep fried surprise" (beer-battered deep fried bacon double quarter pounder with cheese, served with double-fried french fries) or the "deep fried bacon crusted pork rinds" served with bacon mayonnaise. alright, i can't keep going on...look for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! and I checked out the "this is why you're fat" website. Some of the food did look REALLY gross, but some of it looked delicious. But I disagree that boys are responsible for all the seemingly-disgusting, but surprisingly-tasty food combinations. I know quite a few girls who will dip everything in ranch dressing, and come up with their own (gross) combinations of food.
    I feel like people eat this way especially at school. Eating in the cafeteria, I have seen some very inventive meals. For example, this morning at breakfast, I ate with a girl who had a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese and lots of ham. Another person at my table was dipping their bacon in syrup.
    Although I do not prefer eating this way, I enjoy seeing what other people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord Sara- This looks delicious! *I'm needing one now* First of all, I just ate a salami sub for the first time in my entire life, and I have to admit, it was a boy who inspired my delicious choice. You're right though, guys do influence the female eating habit. I love hanging with the guys, and as a result I have the same battles as you. I find myself thinking over and over again, "salad and a sandwich" or "grease loaded meat sandwich with grease loaded fries"...needless to say the choice is obvious...99 cent heart attack, please! Eating like a guy is all too fun. I don't know if you've ever watched "Dive-ins and Drive-ins," but that show will definitely make you want the most unhealthy, random thing you can find to eat. I usually have to make a run to Taco Bell or Mcdonald's as a result. Anyway, here are some of my favorite mixtures (mostly a result of personal experimentation in my mom’s restaurant—a few are guy inspired): Vegetable Beef Soup with Sour Cream, Spaghetti with Sour Cream, Cheeto’s and Sour Cream, Hot Sauce and French Fries, Pizza with Ranch, Cinnamon Twists and Nacho Cheese….Ahhh! Great blog, it definitely sparked the need for some good ol’ grease!

    ReplyDelete